Las Vegas News Feed from The Weekly
This is a live news feed from The Las Vegas Weekly magazine. This feed updates daily so please bookmark and check back regularly for the latest breaking news including entertainment news, sports news and local events. The weekly is your go to magazine.
- Tentative agreement reached on spending plan to bring Oakland A’s to Las Vegason May 24, 2023 at 3:57 pm
An agreement among the state, the Oakland A’s and Clark County to fund a $1.5 billion baseball stadium on the Las Vegas Strip will be forwarded to the Nevada Legislature for consideration, Gov. Joe Lombardo’s office announced this morning. The plan calls for the creation of a Sports and Entertainment Improvement District for a ...
- From sound check to encore, Garth Brooks brings the muscle to his Caesars Palace residencyon May 24, 2023 at 9:00 am
Ever the prankster, Brooks walked over to the side of the stage, out of most of the audience’s sight. “Ladies and gentlemen,” the recognizable voice said over the Colosseum’s sound system. “Please welcome the greatest artist I’ve ever known: Garth Brooks!”
- EDC's scale difficult to imagine until you experience Las Vegas festivalon May 23, 2023 at 9:00 am
It’s about 3 a.m. Saturday, and the scene at the Kinetic Field at the Electric Daisy Carnival at the Las Vegas Speedway is, well, kinetic. Marshmello has just finished a set lasting ...
- Financial literacy slope gets slipperier with each generationon May 22, 2023 at 9:00 am
The financial preparedness of new generations of adults in the United States has steadily declined since Generation X—the age group that preceded millennials—first came onto the scene, says Matt Bees, a Las Vegas-based senior financial adviser at Wells Fargo.
- Cristo Rey multisport athlete’s impact on community earns Standout recognitionon May 22, 2023 at 9:00 am
Joyce Calimag's logic to volunteering is simple: She’s paying it forward. “I’m giving back because they gave to me,” Calimag said. “Growing up, we were impoverished and needed resources from community groups. I want to help people facing ...
- Haney retains lightweight titles with unanimous decision over Lomachenkoon May 21, 2023 at 2:11 pm
Undisputed lightweight champion Devin Haney retained his titles Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden, but not without a controversial decision ...
- Las Vegas assemblywoman’s bill would allow open enrollment in state’s public schoolson May 21, 2023 at 9:00 am
Since her daughter was in first grade, Cecia Alvarado has moved around Las Vegas to ensure she lived in the attendance zones for the highest-achieving schools that would best challenge her child.
- Hammon-less Aces open title defense with routon May 20, 2023 at 9:34 pm
as Vegas was without Hammon following her two-game suspension by the league earlier this week following an investigation into former Aces player Dearica Hamby saying she had ...
- Golden Knights, Stars collide in Western Conference showdownon May 19, 2023 at 9:00 am
Golden Knights defenseman Zach Whitecloud loves playoff hockey. When that’s pretty much all you’ve known since becoming a full-time NHL player, you want more of it. Since Whitecloud became a fixture on the Golden Knights in 2020, his NHL career has seen three trips to the Western Conference Final — and, painfully ...
- ‘Stranger Things' pop-up lands on the Las Vegas Stripon May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
The spot will include an exhibit filled with some of the show’s most iconic set pieces, including the Starcourt Mall from Season 3’s final battle sequence, along with exclusive merchandise.
- Get these veteran and rising acts into your EDC Las Vegas 2023 scheduleon May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
What you need to catch Jeff Mills, Pretty Pink, Ferry Corsten and more.
- Community, lawmakers come together to target fentanyl in Southern Nevadaon May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
“People look at these tablets, and they don’t look deadly like crack cocaine. And kids take them, thinking that it’s not a big deal.”
- Wooli talks mixing metalcore and dubstep and why EDC Las Vegas is so specialon May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
“I always picture myself as if I was out in the crowd, looking back to what some of my favorite sets were and how I can use that inspiration of how I felt to build my sets.”
- Dynamic beatmaker—and EDC Las Vegas performer—Wax Motif continues diversifying his soundon May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
“That’s the fun part about music—discovering new sh*t.”
- Hotel EDC transforms Resorts World Las Vegas for festival weekon May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
With an assist from curated experience company Vibee, the music festival and the hotel have partnered to fashion Resorts World into something more than a comfortable place to stay for festgoers.
- Spring to success: Five focuses for the Raiders’ defense during the current stretch of offseason practiceson May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
Many downplay the significance of this stretch of spring practices, considering it nothing more than a chance for players to learn terminology and work with new teammates for the first time. But, coming off a 6-11 season under new coach Josh McDaniels, the Raiders need to milk every available practice minute.
- Need EDC wear? Drop inon May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
”We sell out on body suits; we sell out on women’s face masks; we sell out on gloves, LED gloves. We have a major gloving community out here in Vegas.”
- This Maverick is EDC Las Vegas’ top flieron May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am
The traffic snarls leading to and from the Speedway during EDC weekend are legendary. Not so through the air.
- 'Super cute' robot isn't just for large companieson May 15, 2023 at 9:00 am
Robot servers who can dance, sing and say “excuse me” when people block their way could soon be serving you lunch with your coworkers or drinks with your friends, following the debut of the LOLA Matradee L.
- Phillies' Bryce Harper ejected after charging Rockies dugouton May 15, 2023 at 5:02 am
Harper appeared to respond to Colorado reliever Jake Bird, who clapped a hand against his glove and said something toward the Philadelphia dugout.